The CVM-V30-LITE-R Directional On-Camera Shotgun Microphone from Comica is a lightweight microphone which adds high-quality audio recording to your small camcorder, DSLR camera, and smartphone. At only 1.8 ounces, the microphone keeps your camera setup lightweight, making it ideal for handheld shooting. It features an integrated Comica shock mount for isolation from bumps and vibration, and offers battery-free operation, using instead the plug-in power from your camera’s 3.5mm microphone input. Please note that the microphone will not work with cameras that don’t supply plug-in power to their 3.5mm audio input jack. The CVM-V30-LITE-R also includes a low-cut filter to avoid low-frequency noise caused by wind or camera shake.
The Comica CVM-V30-LITE-R is a directional microphone. It utilizes a super cardioid polar pattern to attenuate sounds from the sides, resulting in a signal that sounds closer to the camera, even when shooting in noisy environments or at moderate distances. The integrated shoe-mount provides a 3/8″ thread for additional mounting options. The body of the microphone includes a toggle switch which allows you to choose between DSLR or smartphones. A foam windshield and 7.9″ dual mono 3.5mm coiled output cable is included.
- Lightweight Design
- At only 1.8 ounces, the CVM-V30-LITE-R is ideal for run-and-gun DSLR recording without the additional weight of larger on-camera microphone options.
- Integrated Comica Shock Mount
- Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and won’t wear out, sag, snap, or require any re-threading to maintain its effectiveness.
- No Battery Needed
- The microphone does not require batteries for operation, but instead uses the plug-in power supplied via your camera’s 3.5mm microphone input. Simply plug in, and you’re ready to record.
- Additional Features
- Universal compatibility with smartphones and DSLRs
- Foam windshield
- Integrated shoe mount with 3/8″ thread
- 3.5mm TRS mini-jack audio output connection