The STRATUS Shoulder Rig for Cinema Cameras provides a full shoulder-mounted solution for the various cinema cameras and DSLRs. The Stratus Shoulder Rig comes with dual 360° rotating handgrips for secure shoulder-mounted operating. An EVF/Monitor Holder is also included (top plate required to use EVF/Monitor Holder). This allows for pro-style viewing with your cinema camera or DSLRs. This rig includes a Manfrotto 501 style quick-release baseplate, extendable dogbones, counterweights, two carbon fiber 15mm rods, shoulder pad, rubber hand grips, 15mm rod adapter, monitor mount, and EVF holder. *Please note: A camera top plate or camera cage is needed to use the Monitor/EVF Holder.
Shoulder Pad with Manfrotto 501 Mount
The Stratus Shoulder Rig Kit comes with an ergonomic shoulder pad that can mount the included Manfrotto 501 Standard baseplate. The Manfrotto 501 Baseplate has two 15mm rod slots which enable you to mount accessories like a lens support, follow focus, and matte box. Once you have all of your rod accessories attached, you can then mount your setup on a Manfrotto 501 tripod without the shoulder pad and handgrips. Both sides of the shoulder pad contain ARRI rosettes for mounting the extendable dog bones and hand grips. The bottom of the shoulder pad contains an adapter plate that allows you to mount accessories like a VCT14 mount, an ARRI Standard dovetail mount, or a tripod plate. The shoulder pad alone can be used with a wide variety of cinema cameras like the Alexa Mini, EVA1, URSA Mini, Canon C-Series, Sony Cinealta, FX9 & FS7, Kinefinity, ZCam, Etc.
Stratus Monitor and EVF Mount
The Stratus Shoulder Rig Kit includes a fully rotatable monitor and EVF mount. The EVF mount can work with any side-mounted ARRI rosette EVF. The Monitor/EVF Mount can be attached by sliding it into the 15mm rod mount on the front of the top handle. It features an 8.5 inch standard NATO rail which can be used to move the monitor or EVF closer or further to the camera operator. Once the monitor is mounted and is at the preferred distance, it can be rotated to provide a comfortable viewing angle. The monitor mount can be connected to the same ARRI standard rosette as the EVF. The monitor mount fits monitors up to 7 inches. Please note: A camera top plate is required to use the Monitor and EVF Mount.
Extendable Dog Bones and Rotatable Handgrips
The Stratus Shoulder Rig Kit features two rubber handgrips that can be individually rotated a full 360°. The dog bones can be extended or retracted to give you full flexibility of how you want to hold your camera rig. The handgrips can be detached from the dog bone which will allow you to connect your own hand grips such as the Canon C500 Mk II & C300 Mk III handgrip. Furthermore, the dog bones can be extended to a maximum length of 8.5” and compressed to a minimum length of 5.25”.
Key Features: Shoulder Pad and Baseplate
- Shoulder pad uses a Manfrotto 501 mount
- Baseplate has two 15mm rod slots
- Ergonomic gel polymer shoulder pad
- Includes two ARRI Standard rosettes on both sides of shoulder pad
- Seven 1/4″-20 threaded holes on the back of shoulder pad for accessories
- Eleven 1/4″-20 threaded holes on the front of shoulder pad for accessories
- Three 3/8 threaded holes on the front of shoulder pad for accessories
- Includes two 16″ carbon fiber 15mm rods
- 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 screws supplied
Key Features: Dog Bones and Handgrips
- Dog Bones can be extended to a maximum length of 8.5 inches
- Includes two rubber handgrips that support ARRI rosette-mounts
- Rubber handgrips can be rotated 360°
- Dogbone can accommodate any ARRI Rosette-compatible handgrips such as the Canon C-series handgrip and the Sony FX series handgrip
Key Features: Monitor/EVF Mount
- Can work with any EVF with an ARRI Rosette mount
- Works with monitors up to 7 inches
- Rotatable monitor/EVF mount for comfortable viewing angle