As part of their larger 150mm M15 filter holder system, the Haida M15 Clear Night Drop-In Filter is designed to reduce the appearance of light pollution in images or video that include the night sky and to minimize illumination from artificial light sources such as sodium-vapor, mercury-vapor, and low CRI LED street lamps. The filter ring is designed to drop into the M15 holder with positive retention and a simple lever release that makes removing it easy. To hold up to repeated use, the ring is made of a lightweight and strong aluminum allow that is treated with a scratch-resistant anodized finish.
Light pollution occurs in areas of the night sky that are above or near concentrated and intense sources of artificial light, such as cities. These sources can include streetlamps, exterior and interior lamps for commercial or residential buildings, sports, and entertainment venue lighting, and brightly lit advertisements such as billboards. Together, they can result in a type of light pollution known as skyglow, where individual stars, the Milky Way, and other astronomical features in the night sky are obscured. Additionally, artificial lights clustered together can become a source of distraction within an image and can resemble overexposed areas of glare.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity. The surfaces have anti-reflection multi-coatings that maximize light throughput while boosting contrast and resolution. Proprietary Nanocoatings provide an additional layer of protection that allows water to bead and roll off and makes removing dirt, debris, and oils easier without leaving residue.
- Designed specifically to fit the larger 150mm M15 Holder System to make changing filters fast and easy, resulting in less downtime for swapping filters
- Reduces light pollution in nighttime photography, producing images with true-to-life colors and improved contrast
- Reduces the appearance of light pollution in images or video that include the night sky and minimizes illumination from artificial light sources
- Absorbs the yellow light from sodium-vapor, mercury-vapor, and Low CRI LED lamps—the three most common sources of light pollution in urban areas
- Enhances the visibility of astronomical objects
- Increases definition and contrast of artificial light sources while minimizing glare
- 1.25x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.3 stops
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- Aluminum alloy filter ring for durability and lightweight
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport