This Haida Drop-In Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density Filter helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is particularly useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image, and this filter provides up to a reduction in light from entering the lens. Mounted within a geared filter ring assembly, this filter is made specifically to fit between a separately available Haida M10 Filter Holder and an adapter ring for the filter holder. The geared filter ring assembly’s external dial allows for the independent rotation of this graduated neutral density filter in order to allow for precise gradation positioning along the horizon line.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes 10 layers of anti-reflection coatings, which also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help keep it clean for a longer period of time. The Nano coating associated with this Haida Drop-In Graduated Neutral Density Filter provides an additional layer that results in an improved beading effect when the surface comes in contact with water or oil, allowing for more efficient cleaning.
- Compatible with Haida M10 filter holder kits
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Nano coating provides an additional layer that results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency
- External dial on the filter ring assembly allows for the independent rotation of the graduated neutral density filter when it is used with the Haida M10 Filter Holder to allow for precise gradation positioning along the horizon line
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport