Comica BOOMX-D RX
The compact Comica BoomX-D RX is a dual-channel digital wireless receiver that plugs into the 3.5mm audio input of your mirrorless or DSLR camera. Additionally, the included TRRS output cable gives you the option to plug the receiver into any smartphone.
The BoomX-D RX allows you to record up to two BoomX-D wireless mics into your camera using just one receiver, saving space on your shooting rig and great for recording dialogue, interviews, and speech with two people talking simultaneously.
Plug-and-Play and Easy-to-Operate Wireless
- Easy-to-use, plug-and-play receiver.
- The two-channel receiver allows you to save space on your shooting rig by using a single receiver to simultaneously receive signals from the two mic/transmitters.
- The receiver features a belt clip, which also doubles as a shoe-mount adapter for your camera.
- In the absence of a smartphone holder, the receiver can also be clamped to your smartphone using the belt clip.
- Dedicated gain buttons allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level for each microphone independently.
- The display shows signal strength, audio level, mono/stereo configuration, and battery life.
- You have the option to switch between mono or stereo: Recording in mono combines both microphones on both the left and right side of your audio track. Recording in stereo puts one person on the left and the other person on the right, allowing you to isolate each person’s dialog and adjust each level individually later in post.
- To ensure that you are capturing a clean signal, you can monitor your mic via the receiver’s 3.5mm headphone output while recording.
- The receiver is powered via a built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery. It can also be powered via USB, even while in use, giving you near unlimited operating time.
- Includes reset pin for easy pairing with up to two BoomX-D transmitters.
Easy 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Whereas typical analog wireless systems are susceptible to interference from TV and radio waves, the BoomX-D digital system avoids that by operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
- The system automatically changes transmission frequency to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 164 feet. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi/2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.